DIRECTORATES OF EDUCATION SUPPORT SERVICES/RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION
– The Directorate in a press bulletin revealed that two College journals have been published. They are “Ataba International journal on Contemporary Issue: Volume 4 Number 2, 2017 and Volume 5 Number 1, 2018. The other journal published by the Directorate is “The Quest: An African Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. The two journals were sponsored by the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND).
– TETFUND has also approved and sponsored the production of four manuscripts from the Directorate. An additional five manuscripts are about being submitted also for publication.
– The Directorate also revealed that Institution Based Research (IBR) proposals for year 2018 has been processed and submitted to TETFUND for approval. Eighteen academic staff are to benefit from the N12million Research Grant. The processing of 2019 edition of the IBR will commence as soon as the 2018 approval is released by TETFUND.
– All academic staff are to bring their proposals for 2020 IBR edition to cover the few spaces still available for consideration, the Directorate announced.
SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES
It is honours galore in the School of languages as some academic staff recently bagged their doctorate degrees. They are:
– Dr. (Mrs) Omole Cecilia of French Department
– Dr. Adesoye Omolasoye, the Dean School of Languages, from Yoruba Language Department and,
– Dr. Jacob O. Babalola from French Language Department
Congratulations to the new Doctors of Philosophy.
FCE UNITY MODEL SCHOOL TRIUMPH IN ICT COMPETITION
Another feather has been added to the Federal College of Education, Okene Unity Model Secondary School when she emerged champion in a Collegiate Information Communication Technology competition. The competition was organized by the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS).
Federal College of Education, Okene Unity Model School went through two stages, state and zonal levels, where they came top respectively, before going on to the national level, The grand finale was held at the International Conference Centre, Gombe, were they emerged first runners – up.
The students who represented the school were Sule Jude and Usman Fatimat. The representatives were given cheques of ninety thousand (N90,000.00) naira each.
Their teacher Mr. Ozigi Sufiyan expressed delight on the remarkable performance of the students and hoped that more of such opportunities would be made available for the students to express themselves.