- Head of Department of Computer Science (2007 – 2009)
- Special Adviser to Director, ICT Matters, FCE Okene 2010 to Jan 2017
- Director, Management Information System (MIS) 2017 to 2019
- Chief Lecturer, Computer Science Dept., C.E, Okene -2015 to Date
- Umoru,J.O.(1999) “Introductory Computer Practical for Schools and Colleges”, Lagos. Chinedu Publishers Revised Edition (2006).
- Umoru,J.O.(2003) “Computer Practical Guide to Database Design and Management using Dbase. Benin-City: Rainbow Publishers
- Umoru, J.O., (2003) “Introduction to Computer Studies book 2”. Ilorin, Nathadex Publishers
- Umoru, J.O., Omeiza, C.O. and Ajileye, A.J.(2004) “Computer Appreciation for Beginners with introduction to Basic and Cobol”. Ilorin, Nathadex Publishers.
- Umoru, J.O. and Eheanacho, E. N. O. (2005) “Information Technology and Computer Application with Guides to Pc-Maintenance, Trouble-shooting and Pc Assembly Technology” Ilorin, Nathedex Publishers.
- Umoru, J. O. (2006) “Introduction to the Teaching of Computer Science” Ilorin, Nathadex Publishers.
- Umoru, J.O. and Omeiza, C. O. (2011) “Introduction to Computer Studies book 2”.(New Edition) Ilorin, Nathadex Publishers.
- Umoru, J. O. (2013). Foundation of Computer Studies. Okene, Nigeria. Fountain Graphic Press.
- Umoru, J. O. (2014). A simplified approach to database management system (DBMS) Using Microsoft Access. Okene, Nigeria. Victory Prints Ltd.
- Umoru, J. O. (2002). The influence of socio-economic status on achievement in secondary school mathematics in JST 1 (1), 162 – 167
- Umoru, J. O. (2003). Computer education and national development: constraints and remedies in JSVE 2 (1)
- Umoru, J. O. (2004). Attitude to information technology development and national reconstruction in CJE 1(1)
- Umoru, J. O. (2004). Revitalising education through the use of computers: Security implications in NASHER Journal, June, 2004
- Umoru, J. O. (2007). Democracy, information and communication technology and national sustainability in NASHER Journal, July, 2007
- Umoru, J. O. and Omeiza, C. O. (2007). Information and communication technology (ICT) and education reforms in the teaching learning process in maiden Journal of COEASU, August, 2007
- Umoru, J. O. and Omeiza, C. O. (2009). Computer education for children in science and technology for sustainable national development in OJED, 2(1)
- Umoru, J. O. (2010). Towards examining facilitative effect of technology on the school system in NASHER, September, 2010
- Umoru J.O. (2011). Towards quality assurance in education in Nigeria: ICT policy issues and challenges in CJE 6(1), April 2011.
- Umoru, J. O. (2011). Providing professional development skills for the effective use of technology in education in the Journal of Science and Vocational Education (JSVE) FCE, Okene,
- Umoru, J. O. (2012). The need for national security education in the Nigerian school curriculum in the 21st Belt Journal of Education in Nigeria (BELJEN) 3(1), 241-250
- Umoru, J. (2013). Challenges of ICT integration into the Nigeria basic education curricula. Journal of Science and Vocational Education (JSVE), 7, 31-41.
- Umoru, J. O. (2014). Enhancing the future of early childhood educators through the use of technology in Nigeria schools. Africa Journal of Historical Sciences in Education 10(2), 83-93.
- Umoru, J. O. and Ajibola, F. O. (2014). Effective application of social media tools to mitigate corruption in governance in Nigeria in ATABA (IJCI), FCE, Okene
- Umoru, J. O. (2015). A study of computer literacy competency level among basic school teachers in Kogi State of Nigeria. Canadian International Journal of Social Sciences and Education. 2, 9-29.
- Umoru, O. Jacob., Lizzy, O. Ofusori, Bamidele Oluwade and Adetoye Aribisala (2016). Design and implementation of a web-based medical record system (A case study of Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja, Nigeria), Proceedings of the first international conference of the IEEE Nigeria computer chapter. 1,173-177
Service unto God and Reading Literature
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION
- Full Member, Nigeria Computer Society (NCS)
- Full Member, Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria (CPN)
- Member, Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRC)
- Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA), NY, USA
- Member, Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)